Sunday, October 26, 2014

Spooktacular Halloween Blog Hop!!

I got another fantastic package of goodies from Jodie at Prairie Paper Haven for the month of October and I thought what a great opportunity to do a Halloween Blog Hop!  So, along with Jodie and three other fantastic scrappers - Cayla, Tracy and Carlye, we have a fantastic little hop for you. 

This months goodies were all part of the Simple Stories Frankie and Friends line.  I love this line and as always, Simple Stories does not disappoint. 


Since we were decorating for Halloween we decided to make a simple wreath for my daughter's door.  This is a design I have done before, and learned from Beth Kingston of Xyron at Crop and Create in 2012. I love this simple decor wreath and it is easy for kids to assist with. 


First, I cut several one inch strips of 12 x 12 paper and and ran them through the Xyron.  You could use any adhesive. 


I had a leftover styrofoam wreath from Beth's class so I used it.  I have also used very inexpensive weather-stripping tubing from the hardware store with kids classes.  This makes it very inexpensive as with tubing is several feet for about $5.00.  I taped the tubing into a circle using duct tape and proceeded the same as below.  


Start wrapping the strips around the wreath or circle form you are using. 


When you are finished it will look like this. 


I then snipped a banner into each piece.  I added ribbon to hang and embellished it with several of the Frankie and Friends cardstock stickers.


Faith now has a wreath for her door. 

Later this week I will post another project with this fantastic paper!  I love this line!

So here is the rest of the Blog Hop.  I would love it if you stopped by to see their fantastic creations! Please leave a comment if you like what you see. 


Stop 5 - Amy - A Pirate's Life Crafts (that's me!)

Thanks again for checking out the blog hop!  I hope we can do a Christmas one next. 

2 comments:

  1. Very nice, Amy! I think I will try making a wreath for Christmas following your post!

    ReplyDelete